Estrella Errante
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Enter the wilderness.

HomeHome  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  UsergroupsUsergroups  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New User Tutorial

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Zuko
Admin
Zuko

New User Tutorial Empty
PostSubject: New User Tutorial   New User Tutorial EmptyFri Feb 07, 2020 1:40 pm

Question: So, what is Estrella Errante?
Answer: Estrella Errante is a 2D chat site branched off of Chatlands™. Chatlands™ was created by Underdog (Bill Underwood) in 1999. Estrella Errante was brought to life in 2014 as "Buried".

Question: What do you mean by chat site? Why is it 2D, when other chats I’ve seen are more interactive and up to date with the times?
Answer: A chat site is a place you can log into and chat with your friends, make new friends, and in our chat - role play! Chatlands™ is 2D due to older coding and the inability to currently update to newer codes. However! Underdog is working on creating Chatlands™ 2.0 which will have everything up to date - including the potential for a mobile interface.

Question: Ok, so how do I sign up?
Answer: Head on over to this page: http://estrella.chatlands.com/signup/ and register for an account! Easy peasy, right?

Question: I see these things called “deltas”. What are they?
Answer: Deltas are the currency of Chatlands™. They are used to have a subscription! You can send them to other users, receive them from other users, receive them as prizes for certain events, and even make in-chat purchases with them.

Question: How much are deltas?
Answer: Converting from real world money to deltas is a 1:1 ratio. Therefore, if you spend $1.00USD, you will receive 1 delta.

Question: What kind of subscriptions can I have?
Answer: Scroll to the bottom of the sign up page: http://estrella.chatlands.com/signup/#notes and you will see the types of subscriptions, their prices, and what you get when you upgrade to each subscription.

Question: What are the rules of Estrella Errante?
Answer: (Will edit)

Question: Ok so I joined. What’s next?
Answer: Head on over to our bodyshop called Markings, and choose your pose set! Some sets will be on different subscription types in the future.

Question: I picked out an avatar!
Answer: Great! Next you can either pick a room on the map by clicking the little squares (white and transparent means a room is empty, green represents users in the room, red represents a full room, yellow are special links) or you can find the yellow square that says Mysts.

Question: What are Mysts?
Answer: On Estrella Errante, we call our Mysts “The Sacred Forest”. The Sacred Forest shows you who is online and in what rooms they are in!

Question: Why are some names a different colour?
Answer: Different colour names represent our Administration team. Red names are Omegas, blue italics names are Gammas, red italics names are Betas, and purple italics names are Alphas. If you have a preferred level account and have friends added to your friends list, you will see your friends online with an orange name.

Question: That’s cool. So I entered a room. What do I do now?
Answer: If people are in the room with you, say hello! Go ahead and hover your mouse cursor over the little buttons below your chatbox to find out what they mean. Next, click somewhere in the room to move your character and click yourself to change into a new pose.

Question: I see text above people’s avatars but they aren’t talking. How do I do that?
Answer: You need to have a Standard subscription to access this feature. Once you have it, enter a room and type !away and then your message. You can change the colour of your text by adding #colour name or #hexcode after the message. Example: !away Eating food. #blue Example: !away Eating Food #000000
To get rid of the message, type !away or !back

Question: If a user is bothering me, what do I do?
Answer: You can click on their pose and choose the “ignore” option. This blocks the user and you cannot message them, they cannot message you, you cannot see them, and they cannot see you. To report a troublesome user, follow the steps on our rules: (will edit)

Question: Why do some people have avatars that I don’t have?
Answer: Those are special avatars users can upload once they have a subscription. When you get a subscription, you may use free poses, premade poses that you purchase, or you can have an artist draw you a pose which you pay for.

Question: Where do I find free poses?
Answer: You can find free poses in a few different ways. If there are free poses posted on our forum, you will find them here: https://estrellaerrante.forumotion.com/f64-free-galleria Alternatively, you can find them on https://www.deviantart.com/ deviantART or other Chatlands™ chat sites. You must be extra sure you can use the poses!

Back to top Go down
https://estrellaerrante.forumotion.com

New User Tutorial
Page 1 of 1